How to Make a Beautiful Graphic in Only 3 Minutes
Whether you are a blogger, running social media, selling something – or simply just needing to get the word out, chances are that you need GREAT GRAPHICS.
There are hundreds of programs that allow you to create graphics out of photos, but today I want to introduce you to one that allows you to make a graphic in 3 minutes flat (or less).
WordSwag is my go-to tool for making quick graphics. It’s fast, simple, and your graphics look great in the end!
Here are a few graphics that I just made, so you can kind of get the feel for it:
A couple of notes, and then I’ll give you a brief “How to.”
- WordSwag is an app, so it is something you only use from your phone.
- It’s available for both iOS and Android.
- WordSwag costs $4.99 through the app store.
One of their taglines says, “It’s like a graphic designer in your pocket.” And – it’s true! The app does the lion’s share of the work for you.
Ok, so let’s make a graphic!
Step 1. Choose your photo or background.
Open the app, and choose one of the icons at the bottom.
The camera icon will open your camera so that you can take a photo to use. The photo icon will take you to a page where you can either:
- Use one of the backgrounds/ photos right there
- Select “Camera roll” at the top – it will open your camera roll on your phone and you can select a photo you have saved.
- Or you can search Pixabay images in the search bar.
(For this tutorial, I chose an image I saved on my Camera roll. I love a stock photo service called Haute Stock, and use their photos often! Check out my post about Haute Stock here.)
Step 2. Select your image size.
WordSwag has several size options at the bottom of the screen. Scroll through them and select which one you’d like. Some are listed with dimensions, and others are labeled for their use. If you know you are making a graphic for a certain social platform, it has preset sizes right there.
One note, if you know you are making this graphic for multiple platforms, either create it in a general size that will work on multiple platforms, or else you can create it for one and come back immediately and edit it for another one. (I’ll show you how to do that at the end.)
Select your size and then drag the photo around so it’s placed the way you would like.
Click “Crop” at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Add your text
In the middle of your photo it will say “Double Tap Me to Change Text.” Do that.
Type out your text.
As a note: WordSwag works best if your text has more than one word. It simply gives you more style options that way.
Click “Save & Close.”
Step 4. Play around with your text and find an option that you love.
Now’s the fun part!
- You may choose to change the color first, so you can actually see what you’re doing, depending on the background you chose. In this case, I needed to change my text to black.
- Touch the “Color” option, and pick a color there. You can choose any level of white/ gray/ black, or choose your own color by touching the dropper icon. You can play with the transparency, or even invert the text.
- Now go back to the “Style” button, and play around with the different text styles. Each style listed there will have about 5 options. Pick a style, and then go through options 1-5 and see the differences. You can also pick the “dice” which just randomly selects one for you!
- Find a style and look that you like.
- You can change the size by pinching in or out on your text.
- You can adjust where it is on the photo by dragging it around with your finger.
- If you’d like to create line breaks, double tap on your text and add them in.
- You can change your text at any time by double tapping on it.
- Also, at this time, you can edit the image.
If you touch the “image” icon, you can make it darker, blur it, or use one of the filters there.
Step 5. Save your graphic!
When you get everything just the way you’d like it, touch “save”. This automatically adds it to your camera roll.
Tip #1: If you’re not quite sure about your graphic, save it. Then, go back in and tweak it (change the font, color etc.) and save again. You can then compare the two final images side by side and make decisions that way.
Tip #2: If you are making graphics for various placements, save one. Then touch the back arrow and you can select a new graphic size. Tweak the look of it by dragging the text around, etc. to make it look just right and save it again. Repeat until you have all the dimensions you need! Super easy.
After the graphics are saved to your camera roll, you can use them as needed! Post to social straight from your phone, or send them to your computer and place them as needed.
Here was my final product:
WordSwag is hands down the fastest way I have found to make graphics.
I hope you give it a try and save a TON of time in the process!